Sunday, March 04, 2007

adam's thoughts

ADAM: So, what made you decide to dye your hair brown? Dark for winter?
ME: Well, no, actually, I'm writing a book about being blonde. It's called Undercover Blonde. So, the brown hair is part of the research. What do you think? Do you like me better as a blonde? Or as a brunette?
ADAM: I don't know, I like it both ways.
ME: Be honest. Don't just say you like it better brown because you feel bad.
ADAM: I don't know. It looks good.
ME: Thanks. That's really helpful feeedback. I'll be sure to record that in my notes.

It is a few hours later, and now we are kind of busy. I am new and still getting my bearings. I am not exactly in the weeds but my mind is about as far away from my hair as it could get.

ADAM: You look less ditzy.
ME: Excuse me?
ADAM: With your hair brown, you just seem less ditzy. You were a lot ditzier when you were blonde.
ME: Oh, so you used to think I was a ditz? Kinda dumb, perhaps?
ADAM: Yeah. Kind of.
ME: Thanks. That is helpful, Adam. truly.

Hey, at least he's honest.

No comments: